I had the pleasure of having a really dope conversation with Asa Dugger over the phone; we talked about everything from career goals to traveling and providing service in other countries. She really left me even more inspired after talking and I thought I’d share three key things from our convo that really hit home and that I agree with.
First things first; if you don’t already know who Asa Dugger is, she’is a digital influencer. She inspires and teaches others how to live their best life doing the things they love through her videos on youtube, her social media channels and now within her newly launched brand @HeyThriveGirl.
BE SHAMELESS AT WHAT YOU DO!
- Explaining to people what a digital influencer is and does is so hard sometimes, it’s actually even harder when your telling people that this it’s your job. Dealing with the reactions can be hard and sometimes even discouraging. The career path is still new to the world so not everyone is going to be on board, that however is not our problem. Be shameless at what you do because, at the end of the day, you have to come home from a long day of working at a place you either could love so much it doesn’t even feel like a job or a job that just puts money in your pocket and is socially acceptable.
STAYING FOCUSED & MOTIVATED WITH THE INFLUENCER INDUSTRY CONSISTENCY GROWING AND BECOMING SATURATED?
- Keep your eye on the prize; remind yourself of your main goal and purpose. Being a digital influencer is not just pretty pictures and freebies, it’s hard work. I can’t stress this one enough, especially when you are just starting out. It is so easy to get discouraged by the highlight rails and what we don’t have; we forget to enjoy our own journey and personal growth stories. The internet may be saturated with influencers who aren’t necessarily creating for the right reasons but, if this is for you then you will flourish either way because no one can take from you what is meant to be yours.
“ the people that I actually want to live and do work for don’t even have access to Instagram and youtube because they’re living in a village where they don’t even have water.”
BE OPEN TO CULTURAL DIFFERENCE + PROVIDE SERVICE
- One awesome fact that I learned about Asa, is that not only does she love traveling but, every time she visits a new county, she makes a point to dedicate time to learning and volunteering in some way. She expresses that one of her ultimate goals is to help eliminate the ignorance society has toward familiarizing themselves with other cultures.
- To be completely transparent with you all, I never really looked at things in the perspective Asa shared until now and I think it’s really cool that she decided to do this on her own. I haven’t put any stamps in my passport yet but when I do, I will definitely carry that idea with me.
This Months Three Signature Questions
- WHAT WOMAN INSPIRES YOU TODAY
- Gabrielle Union
2.CAN YOU NAME A WOMAN FROM HISTORY THAT YOU’D WANT TO MEET?
- Rosa Parks
3. WHAT DOES BEING A WOMAN MEAN TO YOU?
- Being a woman means to have integrity and be God-fearing. “If you are God fearing, you will have courage, strength and everything else that you need.” – Asa
I am pleased to wrap up my interviews for this month on such a good note, Asa is definitely a Girl Boss I admire and support one hundred percent. Make sure you guys check out “Hey Thrive Girl;” and start making the steps to figuring out your purpose. You can also catch up with Asa on all her social media outlets here.